Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Steeping Room

The warm wafting smell of jasmine, the chilling sweetness of cold hibiscus, the oozing sinful joy of fig and port butter... my afternoon this Saturday was all that and more.

A group of us girls met up at The Steeping Room (specialty tea shop, restaurant and lounge) at The Domain.  The menu takes a bit of getting used to and I have in the past tried everything from the warm teas to the mediterranean plate.... but this time, given that Austin weather was back to the high 80s today, I decided to try a Tea-Tail (mocktail).  And of course, who can resist the lure of a prettily cut up tea sandwich?  So along with my Kasbah Cooler (iced hibiscus tea mocktail with mint, pomegranate syrup and rose water) I ordered a plate of the Lemon Edamame sandwich - a tea sandwich with a lemony edamame spread and with a sprinkling of scallions and thinly sliced cucumbers.  Yumm.  As I slaked my thirst with the most refreshing beverage I've had (after just plain water and coconut water :)), I couldn't resist the smells from Surbhi's tea pot - the enticing aroma of warm jasmine tea that she was sipping on with her cold napa rolls.  The perfect finish came when we ordered the cupcakes (double chocolate, vanilla chocolate, carrot, etc...) and sank our teeth into the soft cakes... pure sinful bliss...

The verdict after 3-4 afternoons at The Steeping Room: It is the prefect place for a girl's get-together, afternoon tea, after-shopping snacking or just plain lunch and dinner. http://thesteepingroom.com/

P.S: As for the scones at The Steeping Room, my personal preference is to order one of the spreads so it's not too dry.    

P.P.S: Oh and if you buy one of the massage packages that include food at the Spa Reveil close by, the food comes from The Steeping Room as well.

No comments: